Soldiers' Angels Germany is a group of volunteers in Germany who support wounded and ill soldiers being treated at the Landstuhl Regional Medical Center facilities. Injured and ill soldiers deployed to Afghanistan, Iraq, or Syria are normally extracted to a U.S. Army Combat Support Hospital at a forward field operating base. If needed, the patients are then transported to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany. Other patients received are troops injured during training exercises in Eastern European countries. From Germany, most transfer on to the U.S. after several days, but some are able to return to duty.
In addition to programs for deployed service members, their families, and our veterans, Soldiers' Angels supports medical treatment facilities at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany. The mission of the Soldiers’ Angels facility in Germany is to provide on-site support for patients during their stay at Landstuhl after medical evacuation from Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria, as well as other theaters of operations such as the Horn of Africa. In addition, patients are also received if injured druing training missions in Eastern Europe.
Landstuhl Regional Medical Center received over 3000 sick and injured warriors in 2018. Soldiers' Angels again distributed almost $60,000 worth of supplies to our wounded heroes, including over 400 sets of sweats, 1000 t-shirts, underwear, and socks, 300lbs of personal care items, over 750 hand made blankets, and much more.
Receiving comfort items as donations from fellow Americans back home provides a level of personal support that has a very positive impact on a patient's morale, and therefore on the recovery process. Your support is needed and very much appreciated!
MOST-NEEDED ITEMS for August 2019, in order of need
Please print out, complete, and include this form in your packages. Without this information, we will be unable to confirm their receipt. Note: This is a new form for 2019.
- Sweatpants and Zippered Hoodie Sweatjackets (M, L, XL - black or gray) *** Among our most needed items ***
- Plain white undershirts and plain T-shirts (M, L, XL - crew neck, any color) *** Among our most-needed items at this time. ***
- Socks (white ankle or crew length preferred)
- Lounge/sleep pants/pj bottoms (M, L, XL - any color or pattern)
- Men's Boxerbriefs (M, L, XL) 2nd choice boxers. Please do not send "tightie whities".
- Deodorant, small size preferred but not necessary *** Among our most-needed items at this time. ***
- Toothpaste, travel-sized preferred but all sizes gratefully accepted *** Among our most-needed items at this time. ***
- Toothbrushes, individually wrapped *** Among our most-needed items at this time. ***
- Dental Floss
- Lip balm
- Nail Clippers (large & small) *** Among our most-needed items at this time. ***
- Soap, small and hotel size preferable
- Shampoo, small and hotel size preferable
- Q-tips, snack bags of approx 20 swabs preferable
- Good disposable razors, triple or quad-blade. Please do not send refills. (We would rather have a few good razors than 100 of the cheaper kind that tear guys' faces up!) Bulk packaging ok. Example.
- Shaving cream
- Fleece blankets, minimum width 45", minimum length 60".
2895 NE Loop 410, Suite 107
San Antonio, TX 78218
This is a NEW address as of August, 2019.
- Please print out, complete, and include this form in your packages. Without this information, we will be unable to confirm their receipt.
- Please allow 4 - 6 weeks for receipt confirmation.
- Priority shipping is not necessary. Consider using Parcel Post to save shipping expenses. Ask your Post Office for details.
What NOT to send:
- Please stick to the list above! If you have a question about sending something not on the list, please email us to ask before sending.
- Please do not send clothing sizes Small, 2X, or 3X.
- Please do not send books or magazines.
- Please do not send cards or letters.
- All items received by medical facilities must be new and unused.
- Please do not wash before sending.
- Bulk items preferred. Please do not make up 'kits' or individual care packages.